Pregnancy is a condition in which a woman carries a baby in her womb from the time they implant a fertilized egg inside the womb until the baby is born.
The process of Male Reproduction
- At puberty, they produce and store the sperm in the testes
- When the man is excited, the sperm mixes with semen produced by the prostate gland, seminal vesicles, and Cowper’s gland
- The mixture of the semen and sperms leave the penis during ejaculate
The Process of Pregnancy
- During puberty (starting from 10 to 14 years) a girl will menstruate.
- At about the same age, a boy’s reproductive organs grow and produce millions of sperm in the testes
- A girl’s ovary releases a ripe egg once a month in the middle of her menstrual cycle. I know this as menstruation
- The egg moves down the fallopian tube and waits to be fertilized
- Fertilization occurs when the female egg unites with the male sperm in the fallopian tube
- For the sperm to get inside the girl, sexual intercourse must occur whereby the boy discharges sperm into the girl’s vagina.
- The sperm travels up through the cervix into the uterus and fallopian tubes. The first sperm to reach the girl’s egg will fertilize it.
- When the male sperm fertilizes the female egg, it says conception has taken place. It takes only one sperm and one ripe egg to make a baby.
- The fertilized egg then travels to the uterus and implants itself there to develop until the baby is ready to be delivered in nine months.
Questions and Answers To The Concerns Of Youth
Question: Is it possible for a girl to get pregnant the first time she has sex?
Answer: Yes. It is possible for a sperm to join with an egg the first time a girl has sex and this will cause pregnancy.
Question: Can a girl get pregnant if she has sex while standing?
Answer: Yes. Sperm can travel into the uterus from the vagina no matter the position the girl during sexual intercourse.
Question: Is it safe for a girl under 18 years to get pregnant?
Answer: No. It is not safe. It can lead to physical, emotional and social problems for both the girl and the boy.
Question: Why is sexual intercourse not for young boys and girls?
Answer: Their bodies are not yet developed enough for sexual intercourse and pregnancy
- Sex can lead to an unexpected pregnancy and, as a result, causes danger and ill health/death for the girl and/or the baby or of both.
- They can contract Transmitted Infection including HIV
Question: Can a girl get pregnant during foreplay without introducing the penis into the vagina?
Answer: Yes, if a male discharges on the female’s thigh or around the pubic area, the sperm can travel into the vagina resulting in pregnancy
Signs and Symptoms Of Pregnancy
- The absence of period/spotting
- Nausea (Feeling like vomiting) early
- Tender breasts
- Weight gain
- Decreased or increased appetite
- A pregnancy test can also confirm pregnancy
Thanks for your Audience.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article? We need your feedback to improve our services.