Filter and Sort Data in Google Sheets – Google Sheets is a relatively easy program when you start out. However, figuring out some of the more advanced features can be tricky.
We’ll explain how to sort your data in Google Sheets in just four easy steps. This article is designed to educate you on how to sort data in google sheet.
How to Sort Data in Google Sheets
- Open Google Sheets: If you want to sort your data, you’ll first need to open Google Sheets. You can access the program through your Google Drive. If you’ve never used Google Sheets before, keep in mind it is comparable to Excel (or any other spreadsheet program you may have used). After you have opened Google Sheets, simply select the sheet that has the data that you need to organize.
- Choose your column: Google Sheets – The first step to sorting your data is to choose the column of data that you want to organize. Select the column by clicking on the letter at the top of it, right above Row 1. All the columns are organized by letters… so if you’re confused, just look for the row at the top of the screen that lists the letters in alphabetical order.
- Open the menu: Hover the cursor over the letter of the column you’ve selected. A small arrow should appear to the right of the letter, on the far right side of the column. Click on this arrow to open a drop-down menu.
- Sort your data alphabetically: Finally, if you want to sort the data alphabetically, click the SORT A–Z button or SORT Z–A button. After you have selected how you want to sort your data, the program will automatically put it in order in the spreadsheet.
Now that you know how to sort your data in Google Sheets, you can get started. Remember to wield this newfound power for good.
To filter your data – Filter and Sort Data in Google Sheets
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select a range of cells.
- Click Data Create a filter.
- To see filter options, go to the top of the range and click Filter.
- To turn the filter off, click Data Turn off the filter.
Feel free to leave your comment on the box below. You can also share with family and friends on social media using social media